PDH Online Course Description PDH Units/
Learning Units (Hours)
Air Permitting - Lesson 1 - Types of Permits

Norman J. Friedman, M.S.

This three-hour course discusses the types of air permits that will be needed to comply with state and federal regulations. Requirements for filing air permit applications will be required for new facilities at new sites, new installations at existing sites, and changes that include modifications, reactivations, or relocations of existing emission sources. Since 1990, the EPA has been proposing and promulgating maximum achievable control technology (MACT) rules for the title V facilities that will result in changes to existing facilities just to comply. The MACT rule changes pioneered the concept of process changes as well as air pollution control equipment changes for compliance. The current requirements for air permitting now include existing facilities that will need to change processes or add-on air pollution control equipment. Permits are categorized as major, medium, and minor depending upon the category of the facility and the quantities of air pollutant emissions generated annually. This course will enable the student to comprehend the types of permits necessary when changing existing facility emission sources or adding new emission sources. Understanding these air permits will also enable the student to select the permit type for the facility.

This course includes a multiple-choice quiz at the end, which is designed to enhance the understanding of the course materials.

View Course Content

NY PE & PLS: You must choose courses that are technical in nature or related to matters of laws and ethics contributing to the health and welfare of the public. NY Board does not accept courses related to office management, risk management, leadership, marketing, accounting, financial planning, real estate, and basic CAD. Specific course topics that are on the borderline and are not acceptable by the NY Board have been noted under the course description on our website.

AIA Members: You must take the courses listed under the category "AIA/CES Registered Courses" if you want us to report your Learning Units (LUs) to AIA/CES. If you take courses not registered with AIA/CES, you need to report the earned Learning Units using Self Report Form provided by AIA/CES.

3 $89

Buy Now

View Course

View or Take Quiz