Engineering Positions Available
If you would like to advertise a position on our websites, please email us the detailed job description at info@PDHcenter.com. The job posting fee is $100/month (check or credit card).
VICE PRESIDENT, FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA
Our firm has been retained by to recruit the Vice President of the Fairfax, VA operation for the largest independent engineering inspection and testing services firm in the U.S. With 125 offices nationwide, our client provides a comprehensive range of testing and inspection services for every phase of non-residential property development and ownership, including site selection, project design, construction and property management support. Services provided include geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing, environmental testing and inspection, industrial hygiene, and facilities engineering services. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Vice President will be responsible for all aspects of the Fairfax operation. Key duties include: providing direction for profit center managers to meet district and financial goals; monitoring the progress towards those goals; providing technical direction as needed, and being the leader of the team.
Key qualifications include:
- a minimum of eight years of experience, ideally in the engineering inspection and testing service industry; related engineering experience will be considered;
- a high energy level; must be a hustler, a doer – someone who understands the urgency of meeting company goals and clients’ needs; must possess contagious enthusiasm; passion and energy;
- leadership ability; the bent for taking responsibility, moving ahead and encouraging others to share the vision and “get aboard”; must have the qualities that inspire confidence and trust and a participative, comfortable style, both delegating and doing; a roll-up-the-sleeves style is a requirement;
- financial acumen; the successful candidate must be completely comfortable with the “numbers”; must have a track record of developing and implementing operating metrics, policies, and procedures;
- strong managerial and operational credentials with a top and bottom line orientation; will make smart, analytically sound decisions based on return on investment and profit potential;
- an entrepreneurial spirit; will be a proactive, energetic seller/doer, capable of assessing the market and devising and executing the plan to build the business and bring in new customers; must possess the ability to develop vision for where the business wants to go;
- excellent communications and interpersonal skills; a culture and team builder who will be effective in building strong partnerships and credibility at all levels of the company, as well as with customers;
- a high comfort level with technology; will be able to evaluate current and future technologies to move operations forward;
- an undergraduate civil engineering degree with professional registration.
This is an excellent opportunity with a growing company that has a rich history and established reputation as an industry leader. An attractive compensation package will be assembled for the successful candidate.
Confidential expressions of interest should be sent to email@example.com.